Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday at Manoa


Today was my very first week at New Hope Manoa as an intern. Me and Elaine helped with the youth ministry. I have been going to Manoa's youth service for 3 years now and to see where it has come from and where God has placed us now is a blessing to me. Because we have such a small church, there are only about 15-20 students that attend, from the ages of 10 to 17. It has been a great pleasure, and joy for me serving with the Manoa Youth Group. I believe in this season, God has called this ministry to take a step further into faith. Recently, I observed that the youth at Manoa are not connected with the leaders and each other, therefore most students would leave after a while. With the wisdom from the character classes and ministry skill classes, Elaine and I were able to spot out different areas that could have been improved and also things that God has blessed OGM (One Generation Manoa) with. One thing that we did today (which we havent done in a while) was small groups. Elaine and I agreed that there needed to be a time where they all can connect with one another in creating relationships and keeping each other accountable in their daily lives. There was major fruit that came out of today's service, and the fellowship was amazing. Kids were able to be very transparent with one another and really become a (big C) Church community.

No comments:

Post a Comment