Sunday, June 12, 2011

"PURE WORDS"


Today Pastor Rod Shimabukuro was preaching at New Hope Sand Island and Joaquim and I had the opportunity to be with him. That was very good!!
He was teaching us about “pure words” and what I really like that he said is
Love in, love out;
Jesus in, Jesus out;
TV in, TV out;
Music in, music out.
So, when we fill our hearts with bad things our mouth will pronounce bad things, when we fill our heart with good things our mouth will  pronounce good things, things that will encourage people. I am christian for a long time and sometimes I forget the little things that make a lot of difference in my life. I am glad that the Holy Spirit reminded about this today.

"29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
Ephesians 4
Obrigada :] 

1 comment:

  1. Amanda,

    Thanks for sharing this.

    The mouth and tongue is so, so powerful! I use it as an important tool to communicate, but I sometimes forget that it can get out of hand and turn it's back on me. Or I can let the little things go while I'm "off-guard" and all of sudden I'm stuck with a mess.

    I must remember to build up others and encourage, instead of breaking down or discouraging others.

    ReplyDelete