Friday, June 10, 2011

Foxes

This past week, I have been seeing ugly character issues that make me feel disgusted, and make me want to know what freedom from them feels like.

passivity - I avoid addressing things - I'm scared of conflict 
submission - It's not easy for me to surrender when, in my opinion, leadership is out of order. 
laziness - my actions are more driven out of how I feel, selfishly instead of what I know I should do. 
image-focused - I realized in my devotion time last night that I have a lot of obstacles to get past before I can really open up into a genuine time with God - the main one being that I am concerned with how I am being outwardly perceived. It's probably the biggest hindrance in my life. I understand that I'm placing my significance in things other than God. I know that my life is to be surrendered for the Kingdom and that it involves me getting nothing out of the deal in this life,  but just knowing that doesn't make it transition into my heart and being actually walking out of that. 

So how do I change these things?
I don't know, but I know that I am going to sit amongst these things. They are undoubtedly in me. My heart is experiencing all of these things. I feel restricted by self-image, and self-satisfaction more than I feel freed by Christ's accomplishment to love joyfully.



No comments:

Post a Comment