Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Catch



A warm, sunny day. The gentle breeze blowing in my face. Get into position. Stretching my legs wider, I propel my body forward and with all my might throw a convoluted disc into motion.

A Frisbee.

This morning I got to play a game of Frisbee at the local park. It was a beautiful park, with lush greenery and not a lot of people in sight.

Both my friend and I were beginners, so it was difficult to play at first. But after a few minutes, I started analyzing and seeing,

Oh okay....So if I aim it this way...or if I position the Frisbee in my hand this way and angle my arm and throw with X amount of force, then it should propel in proportion to gravity into this direction...

Direction.
When I aimed the Frisbee in my arm in a certain way, the Frisbee would fly in a certain direction.

What I am learning recently, that I must focus on the direction that God is leading me into and obey by going into that direction. So often, I can become confused or distracted and end up somewhere completely different that is outside of God's will. I have to make sure that through the decisions I make and the people I am following, that it helps me go to the right direction that God wants me to traverse.

I frequently ask myself these questions to evaluate the direction I'm going:

1) Where do you sense God wants you to be in the next 5 years?

2) Will the people you associate lead you to that direction?

3) Will the books you are reading help you in that direction?

I may have no control of the destination, but the journey and direction will be determined by the choices I make on daily basis.

What direction are you going?


No comments:

Post a Comment