Sunday, June 19, 2011

opportunities...

Uncle John Tilton talked with us last week about seizing opportunities, and God will use those experiences to prepare us for the future He has for us.
The next fireside chat, Pastor Randy Furushima talked with us about the difference between opportunities and calling. The opportunities that are available to us are not always God's best.
When I came into this internship, I thought I had a pretty good idea what my calling was; music ministry, and I was pretty sure that wasn't worship leading. Now... don't know what my calling is. There are so many options of what I could do, or what God could want me to do. Right now, I have no idea. But the cool thing is, I don't have to know. God knows the plans He has for me. He is in control and knows way better than I do. :)
God is putting so many more opportunities in front of me than I ever expected here. I never thought I would be on stage at all, because I figured there were enough talented people that already had it covered. But in the past week, I have been on the worship team three times, with more scheduled. I don't know if God is calling me to worship leading, but I am going to seize the opportunities God is giving me, and we shall see how He directs! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment