Sunday, June 5, 2011

Perspective Changed

Yesterday (6/5/11) it was my first New Hope Oahu services behind the scenes. We went on a tour, and in my mind I was thinking, "Oh I know about this auditorium." When we started, it was alright. I learned "the lay of the land" it was about the front lawn and how many different things are happening outside. But then we went to the "cat walk" and wow that amazed and frighted me because it seemed I was on a cool secret mission (for God that is.) Now I am very blessed to be with Pastor Justin at Farrington because evangelistic (I think he is this one) is every different for me. I am being stretched physically (coperate work out) and minstry wise because we shadowed producing. That is the reason for the picture. My group was on campus from 1-9pm and we seen the run through of the service. Then we sat up front for the 5pm service and it was so great. Then 7pm, we were thinking where to go and we went with Pastor Justin to the top of the auditorium. It was amazing to see the service from another perspective! But what amazed me was meeting Donovan. He is 15 years old and attending Punahou and he is doing this tech things! The next part blessed my heart; during the worship I glimpsed to the left and I seen him worshiping with a hand raised. I seriously was sore all over, but when I seen Donovan be true to God, he gave me a "Holy Boost" with everything I do. I was simply blessed by my first saturday services.

1 comment:

  1. Tia, that is so AWESOME to hear! It's such an changing experience when you see things from a different perspective yah? It becomes a bigger reality when you step from "just coming to church and leaving right after the service" to actually peeking through the backstage curtains and seeing all the hard work that needs to be done for a church service. We have such great volunteers and servants at New Hope!

    ReplyDelete