Sunday, June 12, 2011

I was so nervous...

I had the opportunity to share my testimony at New Hope Sand Island Service this morning (June 12th) about what God has taught in the last couple weeks. Pastor Rod preached about "Pure Words". Following my written testimony and the video. I shared in both services 9 am and 11 am.

My beautiful wife Amanda filmed the first one. Also, in the second service during the worship "the simplest of all love songs I want to bring to You, So I'll let my words be few Jesus I am so in love with You". I prayed with all my heart that I want to share my testimony even better because I have some problems w/ my English...hehe... An then, it was rock because the Holy Spirit gives the right sentences with PURE WORDS!!!!!!

_____TESTIMONY_______________

Words are very important for me and I know to use them a little bit. However, I was not using wisely in my marriage and Im not talk bad or offensive words but Im talk about the way that I had used my "right" words to communicate with my wife.

Sometimes, I pushed her so hard to accomplish some goals because my wife is a very gifted woman and I wanted her to use her gifts to improve her life and fulfill her dreams.

Unfortunately, my words were not nice, wise, and pure and my words had hurt her so bad. Also, I didn't know about her pain because for me I was encouraging her but I was not.

Im so thankful to the Holy Spirit because a pastor's testimony had touched me so deep and I realized that I have hurt my wife with my words. So, I have worked to change my character and the way that I use my words to communicate with my wife also become a Godly husband.

Fortunately, I have learned that my words should be used in a pure way to my wife, which means love because I love my wife so much.
__________________________



4 comments:

  1. It was an honor to partner with you for Jesus sake. The Holy Spirit touched people's hearts through your testimony! Thank you Joaquim and Amanda - you are both excelling in Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you man! That was such a POWERFUL testimony! Thanks for sharing it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Joaquim! vey encouraging!

    ReplyDelete