Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Girl Scouts

I was raised in up in the Girl Scouts as a youth. I started as a Brownie the a Gilr Scout and then graduated to a Cadate. During those early years of Girl Scouts camps and family campouts I have developed a love of camping, and campfires. The smell of the smoke and samores and hot dogs brings back many happy memories. There is nothing like staring up into the stars at night, or listening to the crickets and frogs making thier calls at night. I Love Camping and Camp Fires!
I know in a few weeks when our Legacy time is over and the fire side chats have ceased for this group, that I will look back upon this time with great memories. Each night seating around Creighton's pool has taught me an important life lesson.
1.) Gail Fong.. There is a God who is faithful to those who trust in Him, and this faithfulness extends often to the next generations.
2.) Pastor Dave Barr taught me that even white mainlanders can be called and annoited in Hawaii. He also gets the bonus for laughter and I can not get, "I have decided to Follow Jesus" out of my head.
3.) Mike& Mauna Palampo, the jem of this nights chat was hearing how God provided for them to attend Bible collge, and how they have used that time to build a ministry of faith.
4.) Pastor John Tilton, spoke to me about the calling of excellence both in the secular work force and Christian ministry. John's honesty taught me alot about him and I appreciated it.
5.) Pastor Elwin Ahu, taught me that to enter ministry you must cry, clean bathrooms, and develop a tough spirit that is wrapped up in humility.
6.) George and Pat.. This powerful couple taught me the importance of team work as a couple and the importance of serving in ministry with a servants heart. They also set a standard of what I would love to see in my own life with my husband as we eventually become senior citizens.
7.) Pastor Mike Lwin, taught me the life lesson that you need to surround yourself with those who question you in love and who are willing to push back.
8.)Pastor Randy Furushina, taught me that God is a restorer, and faithful to love those who serve him.
I am looking forward to hearing from Pastor Wayne, Arron, Rod, Guy, and the Shima's. I pray that God will continue to bless my time at the chats to teach me.
Blessings Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment