Tuesday, June 14, 2011

hope has arrived, there is victory! our God glorified!

Tonight I was feeling the most overwhelmed I have felt during this whole internship. We had a great fireside chat with John Tilton, and he talked about seizing opportunities. I thought that was awesome and inspiring, and I would be gung-ho about doing the things that are before me, and see them as opportunities that will affect my future. Then I was reminded that I had a paper due tonight and a blog to finish. On top of those, I have a Bible study that I am leading tomorrow which I have been trying not to let overwhelm me! Add to that being away from home the longest I've ever been in my life and starting to feel homesick, and what do you get? EMOTIONAL. Haha.
I realized that Satan would try to bring me down as I am growing more and more, continually learning, and doing what God has asked of me. So I rebuked him in Jesus' name and asked God to fill me and empower me because I cannot do this on my own. I was comforted by several verses (some of which are part of my Bible study tomorrow).
#1. Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (one of my life verses.)
#2. Nehemiah 8:10b - "...the joy of the Lord is your strength!"
#3 - Philippians 4:6-7 - "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (another of my life verses.)
And so, with God's help, I resolved to do what I have to do, and God will enable me to do so. So I wrote my paper, then wrote this blog. When I was almost done with it, somehow the page got refreshed...and all was lost. I was very frustrated, and again rebuked the enemy. I eventually tried again, figuring I'd have to rewrite the whole thing. But then I remembered the autosave feature. And sure enough, there was my blog, waiting as a draft! Praise the Lord! :D

REMEMBER: we are in a spiritual battle.
Ephesians 6:12 - "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."
Satan will try to bring us down, because God is using us and will continue to use us to advance the Kingdom. Satan doesn't like that. So he will do all that he can to try to stop us. But we have authority over the enemy.
Luke 10:19 - "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
So let's walk in that authority, standing against the enemy, and continue to advance the Kingdom! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment