Tuesday, June 28, 2011

insanity....for Jesus

So Tj challenged me to commit to doing insanity as a way to improve discipline. I thought he was crazy for suggesting something as 'unspiritual' and vain as getting in shape to try and work on disciplining myself to the Lord.
Was I wrong. Clear as day, the pushing through that happens when I would rather quit and go rest translates into being strengthened to push through and redirect myself onto things of God when I get off-track in my daily work load, and setting my mind on Him.

It's really surprising how much more strength I have to say,"No, your mind is not going to go there, you're going to fight to align yourself with what's true and what's Him. Do NOT fall into lazy, easy, or by PA - stinkin thinkin patterns."

This has so many implications, and I am hopeful that I will continue to grow in strength and ability to stay in God's presence and not drift even when it requires a lot of discipline to stay self controlled.

No comments:

Post a Comment