Saturday, June 25, 2011

Leadership


This week was probably the most difficult week for me so far. Legacy has surfaced a lot of my low planks, and has constantly pushed me into building more of my character. I struggle with a lot of things that is required for a leader, and through paddling God opened my eyes to the importance of character and leadership. I remember that morning wasn't a very great morning for me, I realized how much low planks I had, and put myself in "victim" shoes. When we arrived to Sand Island we were assigned and explained different seats in the canoe. Seat 1 was the stroker or the paste setter, all the other paddlers in the canoe follow the paste of the person in seat one, if the leader slacked then the whole canoe slacked. Seat 2 is usually the one who calls the counts and informs the leader and the paddlers when to switch sides. Seat 3 and 4 is the power source of the canoe. Seat 5 is part of the power source, yet more of support. Seat 6 is the steersman, seat 6 is the person who steers the canoe into the direction it is suppose to be going. Uncle Lono chose me to be Seat 1, in my head I was thinking, "Oh no, I'm going to let everyone down and fail. I cant lead this canoe. Im not in shape Im going to get tired fast, the last time I paddled was like two years ago!". The first time we went out to paddle I did it with doubt in my mind, I couldn't focus, and my paste was off. I thought that when we were done, uncle was going to take me out of the boat and let someone else be stroker, but sure enough he left me in seat 1. It was the second round and before we started I prayed, I asked God to reveal something to me or to say something because I just had so many doubts in my head, not just about paddling but life in general. Continuing to pray, I felt God nudging at my heart as to where I was placed in the canoe. Seat 1, I was chosen to be the leader of the canoe. Although very inexperienced, I still had to paddle because if I didn't everyone else would fail as well. Then I started to think about how paddling paralleled to my life. As soon as God revealed that to me, he continued to reveal his calling for me and why it was important for me to step up and be the leader that he MADE me to be. I am not alone I have people who call me out (seat 2) who are like my mentors, people who support me and push me into going toward the direction that God has for me (seats 3-5) who are like my accountability partners/sisters and brothers in Christ, and God steering (seat 6) using the people around me to speak into my life and support me on my journey. I just gotta keep on paddling and focus on the destination and direction God is pointing me in.

My flaws were revealed earlier that day, but revelation of my future was revealed too.

PRAISE DA LORDT!

No comments:

Post a Comment