Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sunday Sunday Sunday!!!

So Sunday was my first taste of what it was like to be apart of full time ministry. I have been involved in bits and pieces of the Sunday logistics but never have I been involved in Sunday ministry as a whole, working full time. This new experience was unlike anything I have ever been a part of before. It was draining and filling all at the same time.
First was waking up at 4am, which was an work in itself. Then between setting up, helping out with the fundraisers, setting up for the meeting, running errands, and meeting with a friend and a debriefing and planning meeting in the afternoon; it was an exhausting day. Yet somehow I felt refreshed. It was a different kind of exhaustion that I ever felt before. It wasn't that my muscles were sore or strained. It wasn't that my eyes were tired or heavy. It wasn't that my brain wouldn't function anymore. It was a content tired. I felt filled and renewed despite my exhaustion and it almost seemed as if the reward for it was worth doing it all over again if I had to. It was a weird revelation that happened on Sunday. It was almost another confirmation that this is what God has called me to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment