Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Forgotten foundation

These lyrics really stuck out to me this morning:


When the walls close in around me
Let Your glory light the darkness of my night

When the suffering's all that I see
May I walk with You by faith and not by sight


Amidst a season of the Lord saving me from a 'me-and-my-works' based understanding of serving Him, working me down instead of up, simple instead of complex:


I realized how wrongly I've been approaching desert times with God. 
Somewhere along the way I've began to develop this horrible misunderstanding that says since I am growing and now know more about walking with the Lord, I've lost my rookie card, and can't use the "I have no idea what's going on God, but I need you." I missed the Truth that says I don't have to diagnose all of my spiritual problems and prescribe remedies to them, I can forever cry, "Lord I'm sinking, I have no idea what's going on, save me! Let your Glory light the darkness of my night!" 


Praise Him for being the most incredible teacher ever; revealing to us where we're missing it, and blessing childlike desperation!
I love you FATHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment