Saturday, June 4, 2011

Community

One of the things that is required for this internship is that we workout three times a week, two on our own initiative and one as a group. I've lifted weights ever since high school so I was pretty confident that this workout would be fairly easy for me and would be more of a time to spend with my fellow interns versus getting a workout. I couldn't have been more wrong. The warm-up part of the workout was pretty mild. It got my heart beating a little bit but nothing too difficult. After that we moved into a four workout circuit which didn't sound so bad when it was being explained, but, man did it test my endurance and my perseverance. Several times during that circuit, I thought about quitting and giving up. However, looking around and seeing all my other interns struggling yet still persevering gave me hope. It made me realize that I wasn't alone and that we were all in this as a team, struggling yet persevering together. Throughout this internship, I know that I know that I know that there will be times that things will get hard, my plate will be full, and that my time will be pressed; however, I am not alone. My fellow interns will be going through the exact same thing. I am not one man by himself going through this internship alone. I am apart of a team and through we might be struggling, we are in it as a team and we are able to feed off of each other and persevere together. I'm so happy that I am not alone in this but am able to encourage other as they encourage me and persevere through these tough times together as a community known as Legacy.

2 comments:

  1. Dude on the other I was not pretty confident because I became a lazy guy...hehe... Anyway, this morning Litia and I was warmed up together and she looked at me and said "Thank you Joaquim" it was so amazing to me because I naturally did that as a Legacy partner since through Legacy I've learned that we should walk together as team and support each other. However, I want to say thank you so much because each of you that includes all the leaders have supported my wife and I as we have spoken w/ our strong accent....love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh- You are a BEAST! haha, I should try to workout with you sometime during the intership! But thanks for sharing your heart. I like how you shared "community" or the idea of us as an "ohana." We've all grown closer as a community, but also much more than that: as a family. Don't evah give up and just know that me and the other interns and staff--everyone is here for you! We're here to cheer each on for the journey that we are on. I do think of the rewards of a fruitful "legacy" is that it not only creates community, but strengthens it so that it was keep persevering through anything. Anyway, thanks for posting this. Love ya! ^_^

    ReplyDelete