Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The "New Intern"


(Author's Note: My first day was yesterday (May 31) and I wrote it on that day, but "published" it after the midnight mark. I apologize for the confusion.)


Today was the start of a new day.

And the start of working at my assigned campus.

I admit, I was really nervous at first. But after cordial introductions, hugs, and many handshakes, I felt a little bit more comfortable.








(Photo Above: First day as the new intern? I hope not.)

Throughout the day, I was able to meet new people ,while learning how to do "office" work (I assure you, no slave-labor was enforced by my boss...yet).

I found it amazing that worship sessions and prayer times were done before staff meetings and at the beginning of the work day. It showed how the staff and Pastors wanted to really acknowledge the importance of putting God first--even in the mundane things.
I was reminded of putting God first, in my devotional reading today,

"Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established."
--Proverbs 16:3
As I start into this new season of serving, learning, and being mentored, I want to make sure that I am committing everything to God. I must constantly pray,"I am doing this for You God and You get all the glory. I just ask that you help me, give me strength to finish, and establish it according to Your Will."

To all the staff, volunteers, and Pastors at New Hope Leeward(NHL), I look forward to getting to know you all and working with you guys for the next 8 weeks. Thanks for the AWESOME first day! ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment