Saturday, June 25, 2011

POWER,LOVE,SELF-DISCIPLINE

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.”  
 2 Timothy 1:7
   In the morning when I was doing my devotions the Lord directed my attention into this passage. There have been many times that I have feared and felt timid. This is somthing I’ve always had a problem with, I always get nervous and shy or even felt unworthy at times to do things for the God. Its a constant battle that I have given to God. I can say that as I given this issue to God ,its amazing how much I have improved. Although I have a long way to go, God is in control.
   God doesn’t desire us to fear or to feel timid, but he want us to have power in his name, love to thoses that surround us and self-disciple eventhough this is very hard at times. But all this things will help us become better leaders, teachers, Pastors and  awesome followers of Christs.

1 comment:

  1. Neyda I agree, how can we as interns for leadership roles ever hope to ever be effective leaders if we do not learn to love disciplne? Disciplne if done in the right spirit is actually a gift.

    ReplyDelete