Monday, June 27, 2011

Climbing to the Top

Today my wife, a couple of friends, and I hiked the Diamond Head Crater. I was ready with my hiking shoes and bottle of water to take on this hike. Eventhough it is not the hardest hike, it does have some steep stairs that get your heart pumping and your legs shaking. I was focused on getting to the top and take pictures of the great scenery. After about 25 minutes of hiking we finally got to the top and the view was breath taking; It was worth the hike. As I started to hike down, my wife got ahead of me, and I found myself alone. I started to look around and saw beautiful scenerey that I had missed on the way up. I was so focused on reaching the top that I missed out on breath taking views along the way, and in that moment the Lord spoke to me. In life we get so caught up in reaching our destination that we miss the beauty of the journey. We miss the great lessons along the way that make us stronger. God is more interested in the journey than in the destination! It is in the journey that we see God at work in our lives. It is in the journey that God molds and equips us! We must learn to enjoy the journey and worry less about reaching the top. When we do this, the joy of reaching the top will be greater than we would have expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment