Tuesday, June 28, 2011

faith + perseverance = WINNER!!!

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing."2 Timothy 4:7-8

I've heard this verse before and i'm glad I came back to it because it was a great reminder. I know that I serve a God that is loving, powerful, almighty and that he called me here to be on earth, to be in Legacy, to be in NHCC, to be in New Hope, to be in Hawaii, and to be part of this beautiful and amazing family. He called me to be in ministry and to be a leader and as Uncle George said, "Being a leader, you have to be a follower and you have to be wise in who are following." As God is calling me to do things for the kingdom, I need to do it whole heartedly. When He calls me to be in school I need to keep in mind when doing my homework, I need to remind myself that God called me to do this. I want to be the person that God says, "Well done, my good and faithful servant" and I want Him to know that "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race and I have kept my faith." I want to finish the race not jogging but running and persevering to win the prize, which is found in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment