Thursday, June 30, 2011

Present Calling

S) "But the LORD took me from following the flock and the LORD said to me, ‘Goprophesy to My people Israel." (Amos 7:15)

O) In this scripture Amos is called by God to be a prophet at that very moment. Although his gift is not to be a prophet, at that moment God "took [him] from following the flock" and CALLED him to prophesy. Prophesy was his present calling.

A) It sucks to (only now) realize how much i limit God, by pursuing things that only go along with what I'm good at or my spiritual gifts. This scripture helps me to realize that although GOD does have a plan for my life, i should always have an open/willing heart as to what He is calling me to do right now. Weather it be something out of my "spiritual gifts" or what i think my calling is. I need to be more aware of Gods voice and let the Holy Spirit move through me in anyway at anytime.

P) God. You are so great, you created the heavens and the earth, the stars and the clouds, the mountains and the animals, the Galaxy and the UNIVERSE. HOw great are you Lord, how unworthy i am to be loved by such an majestic King, YOu are amazazing and awesome. Open my eyes, and my ears to your voice, and the things unseen. Baptize me in your Holy spirit so that i may have Your strength and boldness to step outside of what Im use to doing, and do what you are calling me to do right now. Speak to me in such a way that i may know that words that are coming out of your mouth! I love you! Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment