Thursday, June 9, 2011

Identity

For many years, i found my identity in things and people.Through yesterday's session, God has revealed that my identity was created to be based on HIM because HE is unchangeable, whereas all the things and people i do base my identity on are very much changeable. I dealt with insecurity, and finding my identity in christ, yet I strongly have a passion for serving in ministry. I know that this isn't going to mesh at all, it is important for me to truly know who i am before i get into serving other people and God. If I dont know who i am and still serve, i will find my identity in ministry. As an outcome, I will start seeking others for security and significance. When God strips me away from the ministry, I see no worth or significance in myself and life in general.


Yesterday during devotional time, I was thinking about what I would do if God was to take hula away from me. Hula is all i know how to do well, and if I suddenly didn't have it anymore then I wouldn't know what to do. It came to my realization that hula has become who I am, and if that was gone then there would be no "ME". All the years that I have been dancing hula I didn't become concious of all the pride that it brought, even if I intentionally had a heart to bless the people I was satisfied by the compliments that I recieved from them. By knowing and seeking God's face i can now say that Hula is still a very strong passion of mine, yet I know that it isn't who I am. By seeking God's face, and growing in my relationship with Him, I am able to better know my own true identity, the identity that God has made me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment