Sunday, June 12, 2011

Effects & Convictions from the LORD.

I am Samoan. Its my identity, I thought for a long time. But in my ministry class, I learned that my identity is found in Christ. I had my week of interning. My group were able to sit in on Thrive's 10am service. The Pastor was talking about spanking his sons. Relating it to how God would discipline the ones He loves (Deut. 8:5). One of this Pastor's son looked him in his eyes and told him to hit him. Why? because this son knew his father's heart. That is when God spoke to my heart and asked me, if I forgave my parents for when they beat me up because of correction being 25% and the rest to release anger. Wow. I started crying. He is breaking me to pieces, to the point where I can't glue them together. Being Samoan is what He created me to be. Breaking the norm of abuse, unforgiveness and anger He is still scrubbing my heart. I will continue to let Him. Samoans have a motto: Mua Mua Le Atua! meaning God First! I know I am willing to let Him be first to move and take control in my life. Then use me as a tool, in my culture. I am not defeated by my past or culture. I am God's child and that's my identity. I am not defined to what culture I am or where I am from. He is effecting me greatly. I accept His discipline.

1 comment:

  1. Tia,

    Thanks for sharing this.

    Man, His discipline is hard sometimes, yah? But it is it true that God only disciplines us because He cares and loves us sooooo much to not let us be where we are at when comfortable or too set in our ways.

    Keep persevering and God will definitely be able able to work through you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete