Wednesday, July 6, 2011

they'll turn to dust and leave you empty handed

For she said, 'I will go after my lovers,
who give me my bread and my water,
my wool and my flax, my oil and my drink.'Hosea 2:5

What do I mistake as bread and water, wool and flax, besides Jesus?
Comfort, friends, intelligence, good-standing before others (causing compromise), and many more.

I continue to forget how much I am Christ's. That any comfort I receive outside of my identity as God's son, any validation by my friends (believers or not), any praise from men will ultimately arrive at despair and emptiness.
To receive life from anywhere but God, is to abandon my wholeness in Christ.
Reminded of paul - For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Chris and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith
philippians 3:7-9

There simply isn't ANY validation, ANY lasting comfort, ANY restoration towards wholeness outside of who I am in Christ.

Lord, I am embarrassed at how stupid I am. You have shown me time and time again that you are everything, that everything I strive for outside of you and your purpose is meaningless. Yet I continue to find myself chasing them. You are so patient God, thank you for pardoning me from what I truly deserve.
Will you show me the deep emptiness of things not of you, and would you please give me an even greater understanding of your richness, so that other things are exposed for what they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment