Tuesday, July 12, 2011

God Has A Sense of Humor

So for the past week and a half, I have been learning intensely about discipline through dependence. Though our character classes, I have been learning about dependence and through my mentorship time with TJ, I have been learning about discipline. I blogged earlier about how I put them together to form the phrase "discipline through dependence." God has been confirming that through many different ways, but the funniest way was this past Sunday when I was helping out at Children's Ark. I was sitting down making sure the kids behaved during the lesson when I started to listen to the video that was playing. The girl on the video was talking about how when times get hard we need to look to Jesus and remember what He did and that will help us through our rough times. How ironic that I am memorizing that in Hebrews 12, which says, "Let us run, with endurance, the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross..." God, You really do have a sense of humor where you even used a Children's Ark lesson to reaffirm what You want to teach me in this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment