Saturday, July 9, 2011

Comw with Boldness to the Throne of God

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:15-16

I love verse 15 which explains that we have a God that has sympathy over our weaknesses. And He sympathizes because He also endured hard time and temptations, but He also overcame all of that. Sympathy can be described as when one person stands along side another person, closely understanding their situation (wikipedia). It can also be in relationship between persons wherein whatever affects one similarly affects the other (merrian-webster.com). God sympathizes, He is side by side in our struggles and He knows that if we believe that He overcame sin than we can also overcome sin. Because of the relationship that God desires to have with us, when we are weak He is strong for us.
Knowing this gives us a duty, to come before God's throne when we need Him. But scripture says to come "BODLY" to the throne of grace! To have courage and security that as bad as we are He will still love us. That there is nothing that we can do to escape His love. And even when we think we do not deserve it we must have courage to come before Him. Also having courage because God is a Just God and we must accept the consequences of our sin. Even though God has sympathy for us, He will allow consequences so that we can learn and Grow. But the great thing is that He will stand by our side through the consequences!

I need to always remember that as bad as I mess things up, God will stand by me. And when I do make mistakes that I can come into His presence and receive mercy! I must not be afraid of the circumstances because the Lord will be with me. God I pray that I can have enough courage to come before you and lay everything at your feet. Knowing that even though I will face hard consequences I can run to you in times of need. Help me understand this and live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment