Sunday, July 17, 2011

pressing on.

Saturday, for our final coorporate workout, we hiked Koko Head. It was intense. At the bottom, it looked pretty impressive, but I thought I could do it. The farther along I went, the harder it got. I kept going and going and it kept getting harder and harder and I was getting more and more tired. I literally thought a couple times that maybe I couldn't make it. But I pressed on toward the goal of reaching the top. And I made it! It was quite an accomplishment, and the view at the top was INCREDIBLE. I would say it was almost worth the effort of getting up there. But not quite. ;)
Along with quoting Philippians 4:13 and refusing to give up, one thing that helped me succeed was my fellow interns. We could encourage each other and help each other along the way. And when we made the trek back down, it wasn't even a big deal because we were just talking and enjoying ourselves. Before we knew it, we had reached the bottom!
Things in life that are set before us sometimes seem daunting and impossible. When we're in the middle of overwhelming circumstances, we may feel like giving up. But we need to keep in mind the prize of "the upward call of Christ." Also, God has placed people in our lives, and when we partner to further the kingdom instead of going solo, the results are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment