Wednesday, July 13, 2011

righteousness is good, but it can hurt getting there.

Proverbs 12: 1-2
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates reproof is stupid.
A good man obtains favor from the Lord,
but a man of evil devices he condemns.

As I was reading proverbs last night, the idea of righteousness and integrity kept coming up. Handfuls of instances in my life began surfacing that I had previously looked at as 'minor and insignificant' using my roommates condiments/socks/towels without asking them, things like that...

It was really convicting, feeling challenged on something I previously thought 'okay.' having furthered and my boundaries stretched towards zero-compromise. I found myself uncomfortable and getting defensive about the convictions and accusations that I was feeling.
Then I read "Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid" and the fear and defensiveness started to become excitement. Knowing that the reproof of selfishness and non-integrous living is a draw into holiness - I was encouraged and motivated. Staying here and staying mindful is the trick

No comments:

Post a Comment