Monday, July 4, 2011

Healthy Relationsips

Last night I had the opportunity to share at New Hope’s Spanish Ministry. I shared about New Hopes Core Value #7:" We Believe that genuine love and caring relationships are key to the life of every endeavor.” As I started to prep for my message the Lord revealed something to me, something that really has changed the way I view my relationships. As I was studying the Lord took me to 1John 4:20, "If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?” This verse hurt! I had to literraly stop and pray for about 30 minutes and just ponder on this verse. Then the Lord revealed to me “Our relationships with others is a REFLECTION of our relationship with God." The way that I relate with my wife is a reflection of my relationship with God. The way I relate with my family is a reflection of my relationship with God. The way that I relate with my peers is a reflection of my relationship with God, and I could go on and on. Having healthy relationships is hard and it takes time and practice. We will come across those people that will be easy to relate with. But we will be also come across those that will be difficult to have relationships with. Ephesians 4:2-3 explains to us what to do with those difficult situations : "with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” We need to humble ourselves and let the Unity of the Spirit of God reign! God has really changed the way I view my relationships and how important they really are.




No comments:

Post a Comment