Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dying Daily!!!

Pastor Wayne came to today's (July 12, 2011) staff meeting. He said, "We must die to our flesh daily." Now dying to my flesh is never easy. Even for the strongest Christians. Romans 8:5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.
Wow, I now know how crucial and essential it is to "die daily." It is difficult to be on my guard all the time. But with the Holy Spirit, I am to be on my guard and do it. But I must reevaluate myself constantly. It was a great time to reflect and see if God and I are one today. I am learning so much through this internship. I am growing and building "new muscle" everywhere, physically and mentally. This internship is coming to an end, and it is okay because God has placed us specifically where he needs us. Thank you Lord for your small reminders and especially your grace everyday and every minute we have on earth! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment