Monday, August 1, 2011

Waiting is tough. Plain and simple, its not easy for me to wait. I have this constant battle within myself. It's because I still have the mentality of "individualism." Being home is not a piece of cake. I have to deal with the fact that, my younger brother lives with his best friend's family. He won't be home for the week, except on weekends. Then my parents having full time jobs. Then the house being empty, with me home to clean it. Having my parents work full time, my brother living elsewhere, my grandma coming back from California, my full time job coming soon, doing chores, going school. Wow, and I find myself waiting. Waiting for when I get to do "me" but it doesn't work like that. The Holy Spirit is my accountability partner. He continues to show me, that this is the Lord's plan. I could easily leave to Eugene for school, but His plan is cut out for me. Its to be home.

Psalm 27:14- Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous.Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.

I need to be patiently waiting for the Lord. I need to be doing things that please Him, not me. This is total conviction. I could patiently wait for a guy, but not wait patiently for the creator of my being? Wow, right to the heart. Lord, please help me to serve you while I'm waiting for you. Help me to think of others, not as burdens but your children as well. Please forgive me for my sins. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment